Like a traditional massage, sports massage more intensely manipulates the soft tissues and tendons. In addition, the masseuse uses more strength to purge the muscles, which helps to loosen and condition the essential structural integrity. As a result, you are less likely to become injured during sports or physical activity.
Sports massage also helps to promote blood flow, which can aid healing and recovery after intensive exercise, which is why you will often find sports massage administered before and after races at running clubs.
What are the common areas for sports massage?
- Typical sports massages include legs used by runners, athletes, hockey, cricket, and rugby players.
- As well as the common sports previously mentioned, Netball and Tennis are also popular with shoulder and lower back sports massage therapies.
- The lower back is also a widespread complaint from horse riders, and we have seen jockeys from all over the world.
What is a sports massage therapist?
A sports massage therapist administers the massage, 'a masseuse', and is often referred to as a therapist as this serves a purpose and not just for pleasure. Sports massage has more medical benefits than other massages which are for relaxation and wellbeing.
What is a sports massage like?
A sports massage is slightly more aggressive than a typical massage, so it can be somewhat uncomfortable initially; however, your therapist will discuss this with you throughout so that it is tolerable. The fact it is more aggressive should not put you off because the effectiveness of the sports massage is driven by the pressure placed on the soft tissues.
There are many reasons that sports massage is so good for you and keeps you injury-free. This article covers some of the reasons sports massage is good for you.
What is sports massage good for?
- It is good for legs, shoulders, lower back, knees, calves, and neck.
- It is good for keeping your joints stable and loose, reducing the risk of sports injuries.
- It is ideal for those who are physically active, runners and hikers.
- It is good for people who have previous injuries to stave off issues resurfacing.
How can Nicky Snazell Pain Relief Clinic help?
Pain relief clinic is here to help; you will see one of our very experienced team. From there, we will discuss your specific needs and then complete your wellness programme. Nicky and the Pain Relief Clinic look forward to welcoming you aboard. If you are a first-time client, then please use the contact form; if you are an existing patient, you can use the online booking form.